The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

You put the lime in the coke

You put the lime in the Coke, you nut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the Coke, you nut, then you feel better
Put the lime in the Coke, you nut, drink 'em both up
Put the lime in the Coke, you nut, and call me in the morning


There are funny ads that treat you like an idiot and then there are funny ads that treat you like wicked respek, yo. The Coke Lime advert is something else. I know it is stupid, I know I shouldn't laugh, or sing along, and I know I am smarter than this but hell, it is a funny ad.

An interesting fact about the advert is that it uses an old, old song by Harry Nilsson that has been slightly reworked. The original lyrics go "You put the lime in the coconut" instead of "You put the lime in the Coke, you nut."

Sadly I have yet to try Coke Lime. Coke Light with Lemon is terrible but that is thanks to the chemicals to make it Light... I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home