The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Man breasts

20 minutes of rowing and a good many reps on the bench-press machine last night has left my upper-body in a state of ache. Cycling in to work this morning was by the easy route around the Waterford hill.

It, the ache, go me to thinking about manhood and how fragile a thing it is. I mentioned to a male friend this morning that my breasts were aching. He laughed and said men don't have breasts, they have a chest. Au Contraire, friend, men do have breasts. They sit on the chest, just like any women only less developed. At this point I was told to call them pecs, as in pectorals, and to stay clear of breasts. While technically he is correct, my pectorals are the ones aching, I don't usually refer to parts of my body using the correct muscle name. People don't say "My gluteus maximus is sore." They say "My arse hurts."

And, apologies, but when a guy says "My pecs" I want to burst out laughing and start calling him "Macho macho man." Or Arnold.

Pecs? Please, get over it.

I am also reminded that, what are undisputably men, wore breastplates. Breastplates. Notice the word breast in there?

At the end of the day, my breasts are aching and your manhood should be strong enough to weather the word.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Derek Lakin said...

On a more sinister note: men can get breast cancer (rather than pec cancer) just like women.

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Paul Watson said...

Wow, I never knew that. I take it the incident rate is less than women?

5:23 PM

 
Anonymous Derek Lakin said...

I've no idea about the incident rates, but I do know that my grandfather had a scare about 10 years ago. Fortunately it was a false alarm in his case.

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home