The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bollocks. Someone has ripped my debit card off for the sum of €750. I went into a sweet store two weeks back and bought a chocolate and some water for €5. Since then I hadn't checked the balance on my card but thought I'd better do that today. It was much lower than I was expecting. So I log into internet banking and see that right after I was in that sweet store my card was used for a purchase of €75, then a minute later for €170 and then a minute later €450. Someone testing the limit on my card.

Now you tell me, would I be spending over €750 at a sweet store?

Hopefully AIB can handle this well and refund me. I feel shit for the banks having to refund this kind of rubbish as I am pretty sure the kids who did this will never be caught. Though I am pretty sure AIB has some good insurance. All the same, someone stole money and they aren't going to get caught at such a small scale.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Octavo said...

Dude, that SUCKS. I just hope they do refund you and don't try to stick the responsibility on you. I have a feeling that if this had happened here in good 'ol SA, the banks probably would have told you to go fly a kite... but then I'm a pessimist like that ;)

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home