The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

MacBook Pro

Apple MacBook Pro


Sooner than expected Apple has released the first in their Intel powered systems. The MacBook Pro is a 15.4" laptop which is a shade off of exactly what I want. Hopefully Apple will be releasing a 12" version at which point I will become the newest convert to Mac.

Having lugged a 15.4" HP laptop around for the past year I have to say that smaller, slimmer and lighter is better in laptops. When I got the HP I thought a desktop-replacement laptop was ideal. Something portable but powerful. It turns out though that it is a compromise in every way. Being big and bulky it can't be slipped into a day-pack and taken on quick-trips. Being a laptop upgrades are a pain in comparison to a desktop system. The battery life is compromised too.

Hopefully a slim 12" MacBook will fit the bill. Something I can offload photographs onto, something I can whip out and type on and something I can slip into most bags without dislocating a shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home