The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Friday, April 21, 2006

The stroked

I am not a The Strokes fan but I do like their Ask Me Anything track.

I have noticed that I usually pick one of the lesser liked tracks on an album as my favourite. The headliners on albums are great but then there are these little ditties that I fall in love with. 2 minute tracks with crazy tunes and funny vocals that grab me and make me smile like the other highly-polished tracks cannot. On Coldplay's album Parachutes my favourite is the 46 second long self-named Parachutes. On Outrospective by Faithless it is 2 minutes and 43 seconds of Crazy English Summer that leaves me feeling happier than any other song except Song 2 by Blur. Kasabian's U Boat is eerie, quite wonderful. From Arctic Monkeys it is Riot Van that makes me laugh the hardest; "from men with truncheons dressed in hats". The Birmingham accent on "hats" is brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home