The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Fiesta time

I took a 2004 Ford Fiesta LX out for a spin on Saturday and was impressed. The 1.25l engine pulls well enough, the ride is good, the design smart and the interior nicely put together. At €13,000 with 38k on the clock it is reasonably priced and I am sure I can knock several hundred off of that. Across the road though I spotted an even nicer 2005 Ford Fiesta with just 6k on the clock. It is the Steel spec which means nicer alloy wheels and a sun-roof. It is €14,300 though, €1,300 more than the other. I am debating whether it is worth the extra money. The difference will be even greater as that €14,300 price is already €700 down from the original price while I have yet to haggle on the €13,000 price. I'd expect at least €500 off that.

Anyone got an opinion? I have bought the red on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kate said...

Congrats!!! Where are the photos? Decided the extra money was not worth the sun roof? Well, I suppose you can always get out of the car to look at the stars/sun.

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Shirlz said...

Nice one. Red too, woohoo!

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Paul Watson said...

I am an idiot. I tell you I bought the red one but I fail to tell you which car is the red one. The one with the sun-roof is the red one. So red and a sun-roof. Woohoo!

A sun-roof in Ireland. Great idea eh?

8:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home