The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Monday, March 27, 2006

My drug addiction

While watching Requiem for a Dream, a truly screwed up movie by the way, I decided to see what it would be like cutting as much caffeine from my diet as possible.

An average day sees me downing five cups of tea and four cups of coffee with the odd two or three coca colas a week. This is far down from the 20 cups of tea I was mainlining last year but it is still enough caffeine each and everyday to make a difference.

From past experience of going cold turkey on tea I know I am going to get headaches and feel awful for a few days. In the past though I was still drinking coffee so I wonder how much worse this time around is going to be?

1 Comments:

Blogger C(h)ristine said...

How did this go/is this going? "Quitting caffeine" was one of the best health moves I've ever made. I still hanker for coffee, so I reach for that decaf, and of course, indulge in a cup of earl grey now and then.

Actually, i must say it wasn't a conscious decision to quit caffeine (I used to drink a minimum of 6 cups of coffee a day)...but more that I met my husband who doesn't drink coffee whatsoever, so I "forgot" to drink my coffee in the throes of early love and wondered why I had a headache forever during our courtship. :P

Of course, no judgment! If you have gotten back to coffee, that's cool, cuz you only live once!

5:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home