The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Travelling

Airline Prices by Paul Watson


Airlines are insane. Look at the above price selector. Two different flights, both from Johannesburg, South Africa to London. Both on the same day. Both at economy level. The cheaper one leaves 5 minutes later and arrives 10 minutes earlier. It is cheaper by £50. Why on earth would anyone choose the first one?


Even more insane is €2333 for a return flight from Dublin to Johannesburg when a return flight from London to Johannesburg is just €1100. I can get a return Ryanair flight from Dublin to London for €100, saving me about €800 even factoring in the hassle and bus trip from Stansted Airport in London to Heathrow.


It is going to be a bit of a mad trip though.


I'll have to catch a bus from Waterford to Dublin on Friday evening. 21:30 arriving 23:30. I'll then stay overnight in Dublin Airport to catch a flight to London Stansted, 06:30 to 07:45. I then need to catch a bus to London Heathrow, 08:40 to 10:05. I then depart London Heathrow at 17:50 on Saturday and arrive in Johannesburg at 06:45 on Sunday. I'll have a breather till Tuesday when we drive from Johannesburg to Gabarone, Botswana. About a 6 hour trip. Funeral is then on Wednesday. Drive back to Johannesburg on Thursday. Another breather till I depart Johannesburg at 21:20 on Saturday the 18th and arrive in London Heathrow at 06:20 on Sunday the 19th. I then catch a bus to London Stansted to catch a flight to Dublin where I will need to find a bus back to Waterford.


It will all work out as things always have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home