The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

GMail me

I have taken the plunge and started using GMail as my main email client. Don't worry, you don't have to do anything different on your end, there is no change to my email address. I simply set my email hosting to forward all email sent to paulmwatson.com to my GMail account. Emails from me will still be from paul@paulmwatson.com too, not a GMail address.

For my personal email I was previously using Thunderbird on a laptop that stayed at home. I could access my personal email from work through the bare-bones Iloha webmail interface that TextDrive provides but it really isn't very good. Plus when I got home and fired up Thunderbird all the emails I had read that day in Iloha would be downloaded and marked as unread. A generally unsatisfying solution.

I will probably run Thunderbird every few days to sync with GMail so that I have an offline store of my email.

So GMail it is for all personal email. Wish me good fortune!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I've been doing that for what seems to be forever (well, nearly a year). You won't regret it. It has changed the way I use email. Search rocks.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Paul Watson said...

Thanks for the endorsement, Mike.

6:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home