The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Five dollars

I dislike having to pick on a service but FeedLounge has made a bit of a hash of it again. I signed up for FeedLounge a week ago and paid my $5. My first impressions were not the best but it improved somewhat after all my feeds where imported. The interface is slick and reading items efficient.

Then a few days ago on the 26th I received an email from them saying they had launched. I had signed up months ago to be notified and this was the notification. In the email they say that in thanks for my patience they were going to give me a free month of service (which is worth $5.) All I had to do was sign-up with the same email that I used months ago.

Only I used a different email for when I paid for the service last week (remember I had no idea they were going to be sending out this launch notification email as to me the service had already launched a week or two ago. I found out through a friend.)

It is a nice offer for those who haven't signed up but not so great for those of us who paid our $5 to test the service. Even before this email though I knew I was not going to continue paying for FeedLounge.

I simply think FeedLounge need to be more professional in their overall service. They are charging, they aren't free and can't get away with what a lot of free services do get away with. For $5 you expect more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Scott Sanders said...

Can you suggest how we can be more professional in our service? The email sent to people who wanted to be notified offered them a free extra month, not just a free month, so you would still have paid $5.

I just don't actually understand what FeedLounge can make better from the content of this post. Please help me to help you.

Thanks,
Scott

8:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home