The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Nina didn't kill Teri

Nina Myers did not kill Teri Bauer. That is my theory and I believe all will be revealed in Season 5 of 24. If you don't know what I am talking about then you should do yourself a favour. Take the next 4 days off work and watch all 4 seasons of 24. Forget about Christmas day.


For those who do know what I am talking about my reasoning is that it makes for an explosive season 5. Remember that in season 1 you don't see Nina shoot Teri. You see her hesitate and then a cut to her by the door as she tries to get out of CTU. Jack then finds Teri tied to the chair, bled to death. Going by the usual 24 plot standards this leaves Teri's death completely open. It could have been any one of a dozen other characters. From Tony Almeida to George Mason and even Kim Bauer (we have already had one psycho daughter remember.)


Yes, Nina admits to killing Teri in later seasons and she does have some motive (Teri may have overheard the conversation about Germany.) But you see that is where I think it gets interesting, the German connection. Season 2 and 4 don't explain who Nina was working for and I am told season 3 doesn't either. So the back-story to Nina is not yet revealed. Nina could simply be covering for a deep-cover mole in CTU, one working for some shady German organisation. There is no limit to the onion layers in 24.


So my hunch is that in season 5 we find out who Nina was working for and the ultimate CTU mole is revealed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you on this. Years ago (probably around S3) I started to think this, but never really entertained the idea much farther. But, I just took the time to watch the last half of Season 1 for the first time in ages, and I am confident that this will be the case. It's too wide open. You could really pick up on the fact that Nina may not have been as cold-blooded towards Teri as the series would like to portray. Then throw in the logistics of the murder scene. Teri was ALIVE in a chair, facing the wall, when Nina left the room. Jack finds Teri, bleeding from her stomach. Nina did not shoot through the back of the chair as you can see. How do I propose Teri died? No idea. Might it have had something to do with the cyst that burst in her body earlier in the day? Maybe, but no. This would have been found in the autopsy. So, Teri was definitely murdered..........just not by Nina.

5:16 PM

 
Blogger PelaLusa said...

I just finished watching Season 1 again. And with Season 5 well through, I guess you were wrong with your alternate onion layer theory. Oh well, it's only TV!

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home