The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Paul Watson

Sweet Jesus, I knew by reputation that Hunter S. Thompson was a righteous son of a bitch, and dead now, but you don't have a clue until you read something he has written and even then I suspect you are as far from the reality as you were before reading what you just read.

I bought Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas yesterday afternoon and with a few put-downs to have a steadying breather I finished the last sentence at 3am. They recommend you get twisted and polluted when reading this book but hell no, I'm a bleeding innocent virgin in comparison and reading this on some trip would be a one way ticket to the looney bin. I'd be sucking the ink from the pages like blotter.

The illustration above is by Ralph Stead and his work is dotted throughout the book. Awesome but scary stuff.

Now I am going to take a few days off To Kill a Mocking Bird before trying out Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail.

Some screwy people in this world. Harsh they can be so brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home