The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dudley

Dudley by Paul Watson Dudley died this evening. His struggle with lung cancer came to an end when he slipped into a coma and then left our Earth this October day. He was my mother's friend, my mother's lover and my mother's support. She was his in those and many other ways.

He taught me to play golf and we spent time together in the Magaliesberg. He was a good man, he made my mother happy. I never thought ill of him in his part in my parent's divorce. He made my mother happy. Nothing else matters.

I have never known someone who has died. Not in my adult life. My grandparents all died when I was very young, I don't remember them. Since then I nobody has died. Till today.

Most of all he made my mother happy. Apart from my sister that is the most important thing to me.

I'd better stop. Never felt quite this way... drank too much as I sat with my dad thinking about life, love and everything else. Most of all how my mother must be feeling. Jeeez, how does someone die? How can they be living one moment and not the next? And to think this is what a multitude of people think at the death of every single person. Everyone matters to someone. Everyone is special to someone. Everyone matters. Every life.

Every. Single. Life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

It is never easy to watch someone you love, like or even just know, leave you behind and go into death.

It's hardest on those left behind.

Let him live on in memories, and help your mom remember that she was loved.

12:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home