The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Which open identity?

I just spent 30 minutes of my life trying to get OpenID to work on my domain. It seems a good idea but apart from the pre-installed LiveJournal base it is in the "needs rocket scientist skills to use" phase. Not exactly what Flickr needs to appease its Yahoo! hating users.

For my Colib.com project I want to use an "open identity" system. With so many Web 2.0 services popping up I don't want Colib.com to force you to register a whole new ID on a whole new site. I must have used 50 registration forms in the last two weeks thanks to Web 2.0 betas/launches. Quite insane.

So what open identity system would you recommend? Colib will be a Ruby on Rails app though my hosting provider has PHP support too if needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home