The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I like Cameras, hello

I have joined the I like Cameras writing team in Paul Scriv's new blog network, Fine Fools.

Woah, don't I dislike blog networks and think we need one more like a fish needs a tube ticket? Yes and no. No we may not need loose networks of independent sites but yes we need more quality blogs in editorially influenced networks. The difference between Fine Fools and 9rules is that 9rules is a loose affiliation of independent authors on independent sites. Fine Fools is a team of authors on a fixed set of channels (blogs) dedicated to specific topics. I like Cameras' is photography, from the gear to the art.

Don't I have enough to do already? Yes but the web needs a quality blog about photography. I have yet to find a good photo blog out there. Existing blogs are either the press-release junket variety or have fine content but are updated every other month.

So far the team consists of Steve Staskiewicz, Bill Turner and Jeremy Johnson. I broke the ice with them an hour ago and the ideas and collaborations are already flowing. I will be on the slower track with I like Cameras in that there will be 2 or so main posts from me a week. The others are on different tracks, some posting every few hours to others, like me, only every few days.

It will be all quality though. That is the terms of agreement we have with Fine Fools; quality over quantity.

So check up on I like Cameras as you please and I hope we can bring you the best photographic content this side of a loupe.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:26 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Looks like a cool site but the RSS feed doesn't display all the content... Only a subset it seems. if that gets fixed, it looks like a must read feed.

1:47 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Hey Mike,

All the feeds display the whole entries. I guess WordPress inserts a "read more" link so it seems that it is only partial.

4:15 AM

 
Anonymous Derek Lakin said...

I look forward to reading your insightful and interesting posts. I didn't have any problem with the RSS feed (once I found it!).

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Seems to be working now. When I looked yesterday there were stories on the homepage that weren't in the Feed. That's why I thought the feed was pulling a different set of stories.

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Paul Watson said...

By any chance are you using Bloglines, Mike? Bloglines has been flaky of late, it also only updated my ilikecameras feed today. Long after the feed was updated.

8:22 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Yes.. I am using bloglines. Glad everything is working now!!

4:30 AM

 
Blogger die4-luv said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
Check out the blog site with my in it!

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home