The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Silly Software #1: Norton AntiVirus 2005

Norton AntiVirus 2005 is a good anti-virus application. However it does have at least one annoying design feature: You cannot move the Norton AntiVirus Start Menu location. If you do you will get the following error everytime Norton AntiVirus 2005 starts:
Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the repair feature. Please uninstall and reinstall.

Firstly, that is a very unhelpful error message. So unhelpful that I followed its advice, to reinstall, with no change to the problem. Only then did I got onto the internet to find out what the error message really meant.

Secondly, I like to keep a clean Start Menu. I have everything arranged just as I like it and never keep the default locations of Start Menu items. So now to accomodate Norton AntiVirus 2005's strange setup I have to sully my beautiful Start Menu with its shortcuts and folders.

Not terribly serious I concede but an annoying feature all the same.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me w/Norton AntiVirus and Office 2003 Applications. I downloaded the updates for Office and the problem went away

4:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home