The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

RSS Digest

More and more I have been wanting to start drawing together all my disparate information services, presenting them in an easily digested page. For now this Blogger.com blog will do and the sidebar will have to do double duty.

One of the services I use a lot is del.icio.us, often adding 10 links a day to it. It provides a view of what I browsed, read and was interested in on that day. I then wanted to present a list of the last 5 links added to the sidebar of this blog.

For this RSS Digest comes to the rescue. It is a dead simple to use but quite powerful service which takes in an RSS feed, lets you customise a few options and then spits out a JS script that you can include in your Blogger template. You can see the results of it on the right-hand side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home