The journal of Paul M. Watson.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Off to see the desert, the wonderful desert of Nam


Namibia that is, not Vietnam.

Tomorrow I pile my gear and myself into my trusty Tazz and begin the drive up to Namibia. The first day's drive will get me to Springbok which is just on the South African side of the border. From there it is anybodies guess where I will end up.

My only fixed date is the 28th of June when I have to be in Windhoek to pick up a friend, Sibylle. Around that date though I am as free as I want, which is very free. No bookings, itinerary or plans, just my wheels, tent, sleeping bag and camera. That is how I like to travel. If I see a nice looking spot I will stop and stay for as long as I want.

Places I want to see though are Swakopmund, Etosha, Soussesvlei, the Skeleton Coast and every single dune I can climb. I may see them all, I may see one and stay there for a week, who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home